Exploring Waldorf Elementary Class Teaching, June 21-24
** Required Reading: The Education of the Child **
From the Sunbridge website:
A hands-on course for those considering a career in Waldorf elementary education or anyone (teachers, parents, grandparents, and others) interested in better understanding the Waldorf elementary curriculum and classroom experience.
If you’ve ever wondered:
- Whether Waldorf teaching is a career for you
- What it takes to become—and to be—a Waldorf elementary class teacher
- What your Waldorf grades 1-8 child (or grandchild) is experiencing each day
this course is for you!
Through presentation, discussion, hands-on classroom activities, and singing and moving together, we’ll connect to Waldorf elementary education in a personal and meaningful way. Among the unique hallmarks of Waldorf Education we’ll cover are:
- Child development and the ways in which the Waldorf curriculum responds to and supports each stage
- The role of the class teacher
- How the arts enhance education
- How fairy tales, legends, mythologies, and historical biographies accompany the growing child
- The Waldorf approach to literacy
- How the science and math curriculum moves through the grades
If you’ve come to a Waldorf Weekend and want to explore the grades 1-8 classroom experience in a deeper way, this course is a great next step.