$ 27.00 USD
A First-Aid for Handling Conflict
Conflict costs! When tensions and differences are ignored, they grow into conflicts, injuring relationships, groups, and organizations.
So, how can we tackle conflict successfully? Dr. Friedrich Glasl has worked with conflict resolution in companies, schools, and communities for over thirty years, earning him and his techniques enormous respect. Confronting Conflict is authoritative, and up to date.
It contains examples, exercises, theory, and techniques. You begin by assessing the symptoms and causes of conflict and ask, "Am I fanning the flames?" Then consider, "How can I behave constructively rather than attack or avoid others?"
The author presents the tool to:
- Analyze the symptoms, types, and causes of conflict, whether hot or cold, personal, structural, or environmental
- Understand how temperaments affect conflicts and what you can do
- Acknowledge when conflict occurs, understand how it escalates, and learn how to reduce conflict by changing behavior, attitudes, and perceptions
- Practice developing considerate means of confrontation by seizing "golden moments," strengthening empathy
- And much more
- Written by Friedrich Glasl
- 192 pages