Psychophonetics: Holistic Counseling and Psychotherapy: Stories and Insights from Practice
$ 30.00 USD
The Psychophonetic approach to psychotherapy works with the whole human being in body, soul, and spirit. Founded by Yehuda Tagar and based on Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposophy and Psychosophy, Psychophonetics is unique in its emphasis on a combination of conversation and action phases in counseling sessions. Through the language of experience and the language of soul, it uses a unique gesture-and-sound (nonverbal) approach in combination with body awareness, movement, and visualization—a method that goes beyond national, language, and cultural differences.
In Psychophonetics, the authors describe the practical applications of this field counseling and psychotherapy. The first part, by Robin Steele, introduces Psychophonetics—its background and context, an outline of its theory and methods, and the structure of a typical therapy session, as well as descriptions of client experiences.
Part two of the book is written by several Psychophonetics therapists and includes stories, research, and insights from their practice. The authors cover topics such as using artistic expression in illness and pain; working with past childhood sexual abuse; the art of conversation; using clay in therapy; grief and loss; self-parenting; menopause; cancer; case studies, and more. Drawings and poetry are included to show how creative expression in used in the counseling process.
This book is the essential introduction to Psychophonetics and the first book to focus on this emerging field of spiritually oriented counseling and therapy. Psychophonetics, is accessible and intended for professional and the general readers alike.
- This is the first book specifically about Psychophonetics;
- stories and insights of practitioners show how Psychophonetics works in practice;
- case studies and descriptions of sessions reveal the therapeutic process and client experiences;
- theory, practice, and personal experiences demonstrate the benefits of Psychophonetics and knowing through experience;
- descriptions of creative, non-verbal ways of knowing that include body, soul, and spirit encourage readers to access their own creative forms of expression.
To learn more about Psychophonetics, visit the official website at www.psychophonetics.com.au.
- Preface by Yehuda Tagar
- Foreword by Robin Steele
- "Background and Introduction to Psychophonetics" by Robin Steele
- "Awakening to Human Experience" by Robin Steele
- "The 'I AM' Awaking through Thinking, Feeling and Willing" by Robin Steele
- "More Quickening than Light: The Surprising Gift of Conversation" by Linda Hall
- "Cancer as a Threshold of Inner Healing: Clare’s Journey" by Yehuda Tagar
- "The Inner Dimensions of Parenting and Self-parenting" by Robin Steele
- "Recovery and Healing from Grief and Loss of a Loved One" by Rebecca Croad
- "Forgetting and Remembering: A Path of Initiation" by Judy Greenberg
- "Healing Past Childhood Sexual Abuse: Common Themes" by Yehuda Tagar and Robin Steele
- "Art as Expression in Illness and Pain" by Arleen Hanks
- "Transforming Anger through Clay Work" by Anne Holland
- "The Character of Marijuana Craving and Its Impact on the Healing Process" by Jillian Fowler
- "Working with Alcohol and Other Drugs: Psychophonetics Insight and Practice" by Susan Morrison
- "An Eco-soul Bush Experience: Therapy in the Bush" by Adrian Hanks
- "Darcy’s Journey out of Depression: A Case Study" by Merri Hughes
- "Menopause: In-spiriting the Hot Flush" by Françoise Foster
- Resources in the Field of Psychophonetics